Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh the things you can do with Bean Bags

Poor Alyssa was going stir crazy with the cold weather and the rain so we decided to whip up some bean bags and have some fun. I didn't have any but we did have some fabric (thanks to my Mom), some rice and my trusty sewing machine. Alyssa and I cut out squares, sewed them together, filled them with rice and sewed up the holes and got to playing. It was the easiest, yet messiest things I have ever sewed. I let Alyssa fill the bags and rice went everywhere. She thought it was great though!!

We put the bean bags in a bucket and pulled out some cardboard that was going to be recycled. I drew some circles with numbers on them to see if we could throw the beanbags and have it land in those circles. This was great throwing practice for Alyssa but it didn't last long.

At first she wanted to throw them to me, back and forth and then she decided she wanted to balance them. She tried with her hands and arms.


Then quickly moved to her head. She loves her bean bags. She has asked to play with them over and over again. She'll try to balance them on her head and then she'll put them on my head.


There are so many things you can do with bean bags.

Throw them through hoops

Use them for hopscotch

Throw them into buckets

Races balancing beanbags on your head

Beanbag tic-tac-toe


Cost: For us it was free because we had leftover stuff but it couldn't be more than a few dollars for scrap/remnant fabric at the store and a bag of rice. But if you need to buy a sewing machine then it's probably going to be quite expensive.

Stars: 5/5

Time: To make them it took about an hour, but the playtime is endless

What would I change: not a whole lot. We liked the whole activity.

I love playing with this little girl. She is so fun and has such a great imagination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment